Taking the right care of your diabetic socks can help them have a longer life span for continued effectiveness and comfort.
How long do diabetic socks last? It depends. Learning care tips is especially important for those who use diabetic socks daily. Using them every day is the best way to ensure optimum results in prevention and treatment efforts.
How to wash Diabetic Socks
• Hand wash in cold or lukewarm water
• Machine wash on a gentle cycle in cold water
• For machine wash, place in linen or mesh laundry bag for extra protection
• Do not wash in hot water
• Use a gentle detergent
• Do not use any bleach or fabric softeners
• Do not dry clean
How to dry Diabetic Socks
• Hang or lay flat to air-dry
• Avoid drying in the sun or on the radiator
• Do not place in the dryer
• Do not iron
How often should I wash Diabetic Socks?
While Dr. Segal’s Sock Technology includes anti-microbial silver-ion wash to provide effective odor and stain protection throughout the day, washing your garment is still required.
For optimal results, washing after every use is recommended.
When to replace your Diabetic Socks?
Proper care will increase the lifespan of your diabetic socks, but elastic fibers will inevitably break down with wear over time. Depending on the frequency of use, you will need to replace your diabetic socks every 3-6 months.
Some signs that you need a replacement:
• If there are areas of the sock that are thinner, worn out or sagging
Although it is hard to say goodbye to your favourite pair of socks, you can get the same ones or browse our What’s New section for our latest fashionable designs.