Before we introduce the new collection, let’s give a little refresh on what exactly Diabetic Socks are.
Diabetic socks are specially designed to protect a diabetic foot from developing additional issues. Conditions often experienced by diabetics include neuropathy, foot ulcers, numbness and skin sensitivity due to poor circulation.
Diabetic socks have unique features that typically aren’t present in regular socks, and are specially designed to decrease the risk of foot injury, keep feet dry, and to offer maximum blood flow.
Dr. Segal’s has created diabetic socks that are stylish, comfortable and are effective for diabetic and neuropathy patients. Dr. Segal's diabetic sock features include:
- Non-binding Top Band - The extremely stretchy top band allows for a comfortable fit that doesn’t bunch up and promotes circulation in the feet.
- Seamless Toe - The seam on the inside of regular socks rubs on your toes throughout the day. For someone with diabetes, this can result in painful chafing and blisters. The seamless toe in Dr. Segal’s diabetic socks works to prevent the development of rubbing and blisters.
- Antimicrobial Treatment - For people who experience foot conditions, it’s important to ensure your feet stay clean. The antimicrobial treatment on Dr. Segal’s diabetic socks prevents bacterial and fungal growth to keep your feet healthy.
- Moisture Wicking - Nobody likes to experience moisture in their socks, let alone diabetics who can develop serious infections on their feet as a result. Having moisture wicking technology in diabetic socks ensures your feet are kept dry to prevent any skin infections from developing.
- Cushioned Footbed - The extra padding on Dr. Segal’s diabetic socks help prevent injuries on your feet which could result in further complications or infections.
NEW DIABETIC SOCK COLLECTION
Dr. Segal’s new Diabetic Sock Collection feature the colours of fall with warm, earthy tones that go with any outfit. These socks that are perfect for everyday wear have patterns that range from subtle to bold and allow you to show off a little personality!
Dr. Segal’s Diabetic Socks can can be used as:
- Diabetic Socks for those requiring special foot care
- Neuropathy Socks for anyone with diminished sensation in their feet or those with foot sensitivities
- Extra Wide Socks for anyone with wide ankles and calves
- Edema Socks for anyone with foot and ankle swelling that require a non-constricting top band
- Everyday Socks for anyone wanting socks that are extra cozy and comfortable
Which is your favourite style? Let us know by commenting on one of our Instagram posts @thesockdoc!