With the sun setting earlier and the evenings getting cooler, it’s time to start thinking about how to stay warm and comfortable as the seasons change.
Diabetic Socks are the perfect accessory to wear when transitioning into Fall. Not only are they great for those with Diabetes experiencing various foot conditions, but they’re also perfect for anyone searching for a comfortable sock to cozy up in. And don’t just take our word for it - Good Housekeeping even featured Dr. Segal’s for having the best Diabetic Socks to keep your feet warm and protected.
Not familiar with Diabetic Socks? Keep reading to learn about their features and how they’ll keep you warm as the weather changes!
WHAT ARE DIABETIC SOCKS?
Diabetic Socks are specially designed to protect a diabetic foot from developing additional issues. Conditions often experienced by diabetics include neuropathy, foot ulcers, numbness and skin sensitivity due to poor circulation.
Diabetic Socks have unique features that typically aren’t present in regular socks, and are specially designed to decrease the risk of foot injury, keep feet dry, and to offer maximum blood flow.
WHAT ARE THE FEATURES OF DR. SEGAL’S DIABETIC SOCKS?
Dr. Segal’s has created the most cozy and comfortable Diabetic Socks on the market. They’re stylish, comfortable and are effective for diabetic and neuropathy patients, as well as for anyone wanting extremely comfortable socks to keep their feet warm!
Dr. Segal’s Diabetic Sock features include:
- Non-binding Top Band - The extremely stretchy top band allows for a comfortable fit that doesn’t bunch up and promotes circulation in the feet.
- Seamless Toe - The seam on the inside of regular socks rubs on your toes throughout the day. For someone with diabetes, this can result in painful chafing and blisters. The seamless toe in Dr. Segal’s diabetic socks works to prevent the development of rubbing and blisters.
- Antimicrobial Treatment - For people who experience foot conditions, it’s important to ensure your feet stay clean. The antimicrobial treatment on Dr. Segal’s diabetic socks prevents bacterial and fungal growth to keep your feet healthy.
- Moisture Wicking - Nobody likes to experience moisture in their socks, let alone diabetics who can develop serious infections on their feet as a result. Having moisture wicking technology in diabetic socks ensures your feet are kept dry to prevent any skin infections from developing.
- Cushioned Footbed - The extra padding on Dr. Segal’s diabetic socks help prevent injuries on your feet which could result in further complications or infections.
STAYING WARM WITH DR. SEGAL’S DIABETIC SOCKS
The technical features found in Dr. Segal’s Diabetic Socks lend perfectly to maintaining warmth while allowing for breathability. The moisture wicking technology keeps your feet warm without feeling sweaty and uncomfortable after a long day and the antimicrobial treatment keeps your feet stay clean and fresh. The cushioned footbed, while preventing your feet from injuries, also protects your feet from cold floors due to the extra padding.
As many as 50% of adults with diabetes experience a nerve damage known as Peripheral Neuropathy Peripheral Neuropathy can result in tingling in pain in the feet, or it can lead to numbness where it can be difficult to realize if there is irritation.
For those with Peripheral Neuropathy or anyone who experiences numbness in the feet, it’s extremely important to make sure your feet are kept protected from injury and from the cold. Dr. Segal’s Diabetic Socks provide features to support those with Diabetes and to keep your feet warm and healthy.
If you’re someone who has cold feet but doesn’t love wearing slippers, Dr. Segal’s Diabetic Socks are the perfect choice for you. They’ll keep your feet warm without feeling constricted, and they’re just the right thickness that you can wear them in your favourite winter boots for an extra layer of warmth and comfort without feeling constricted!
So learn more about the comfiest diabetic socks Canada has to offer!